Thursday 29 January 2009

Im a Barbie Girl... in my own world






Ok so here a secret must be revealed to the world… and before judging…this is something I am proud of I must say!

I have a little collection… a collection that some would say has got a little out of hand but a fun and enjoyable one at the same time!

At the prime age of 26 I Jemma Leigh Daltrey collect Barbie dolls… yes that is right the 1980’s favourite toy of all YOUNG girls!


This ‘little’ said in the looser sense of the word started when I went off on my travelers at a tender age of 18 (I know Lauren that was only a few years ago for you!!!). A friend thought it would be funny to buy me a travelling Barbie which I thought ahhh cute… what with me being blonde and going travelling! Great! Well after this came a slight obsession to the beauty that is the Barbie Doll…


I now have over 160 dolls… all of which are untouched and in their boxes. Now this fact is very instrumental in the collection process, if a box is dented or ripped it will not be purchased!

The dolls range from beach Barbie to Girls Aloud specially designed Barbie! Some of which are truly spectacular if I say so myself… not mentioning the Gucci Barbie! And yes this does actually exist!!! Crazy I know!

Soooo why am I revealing this some may say embarrassing secret? Well this year is Barbie’s Birthday! Yes I know every year is her birthday but this is a special one as she will be turning the big 50!


I am more than sure that everyone will be celebrating in their own way, but here is a taster into some of the designers who will be embracing the one that is Barbie this year!!! Also notice the Jemma and Lauren inspired dolls!

ENJOY!


IT doesn't come much more extravagant than receiving a pair of designer shoes on your birthday but for one lucky lady, it's about to become a whole lot more extravagant.


To celebrate her 50th birthday next year, Christian Louboutin is designing a pair of pumps in the legendary Barbie Pantone 219 Pink. The shoes will make their debut at the special runway show (read about it here) planned during New York Fashion Week in February.


Fifty designers will produce life-sized outfits inspired by the doll, setting off a string of celebrations. In 2009 a new range of beauty products - boasting such names as All Doll'd Up - is planned, while collaborations with the likes of Vera Wang (a life-size wedding gown which includes a Barbie wearing its own mini version too) and Jeremy Scott (a capsule collection inspired by her), as well as the opening of an House of Barbie in Shanghai, are among other fun and games.


Coinciding with the 50th anniversary plans that will see Barbie have her very own catwalk show in New York, the plastic beauty will sponsor thr shows of Ilincic and Scutt in the UK; and to say thank you both designers have created a special outfit, just for her

No comments:

Post a Comment